This 2-day workshop is structured to develop basic ICD-10-CM coding skills and foster good habits crucial to coding success. This critical foundational knowledge, along with application through workshop exercises and coding scenarios, will lead to coding accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Awareness of the Differences Between "Clinical Speak" and the Language of Coding
- Selection and Sequencing Criteria for Primary and Secondary Diagnoses
- Overview and Instruction for Proper Use of the ICD-10-CM Coding Manual
- Recognition and Use of Coding Conventions and Guidelines for Accurate Code Selection
- Emphasis on New Features of ICD-10
- Discussion and Impact of CMS' PPS and OASIS-C1 on Home Health Coding
- Exploration of the Relationship Between Z Codes, Case Mix Diagnoses and M1025
- Exercises and Scenarios to Reinforce Critical Knowledge for Successful Coding.
MANDATORY: You MUST bring an ICD-10 Coding Manual to the workshop!